2013 Credit Card March Madness Championship Match
After 3 weeks, 14 matchups, and over 3,000 votes, we’re left with two cards.
Two cards that will battle it out to determine who will go down in history as the 2013 EPoP Best Travel Credit card and win the prestige and glory that comes with such a title.
Before voting, here’s a recap of the Final Four.
2013 Final Four Recap
- The Amex SPG got back to the championship by handling its business pretty easily, beating the Citi AA card 66% to 34%.
- In a much anticipated and impossible to predict matchup, the Chase Ink Bold narrowly edged out last year’s runner up, the Chase Sapphire Preferred, by a total of only 12 votes.
If you’d like to see the results of all the matches and the road each card took to get here, below are links to each round:
The two cards left standing are certainly not a surprise, but as far as who will take home the championship, it’s anyone’s guess.
Last year, the SPG came from behind and pulled a stunning upset of the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Can the SPG repeat its magic, or will the Ink Bold claim the throne?
It’s all up to you, so cast that vote and comment below!
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest
- Sign up bonus: 25,000 SPG points
- Minimum Spend: $5,000 in 6 months
- Annual Fee: $69 WAIVED the first year.
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Points transfer to tons of airlines at a 1.25 to 1 ratio, giving ultimate flexibility.
- Stay 4 nights, get the 5th night free
- Cash and Points system offers great value if you want to stretch your points.
- 1x per $1 on all purchases
Chase Ink Bold
[This card is no longer available through Chase, The Chase Ink Plus is identical but is a credit card, not a charge card.]
- Sign up bonus: 50,000 Chase points
- Minimum Spend: $5,000 in 3 months
- Annual Free: $95 WAIVED the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Chase points transfer to multiple airlines or hotels (United, Southwest, Hyatt) at a 1:1 ratio
- 5x per $1 spent on cable/internet/cellphone bills
- 5x per $1 spent at office supply stores, which allows you to buy gift cards to maximize miles.
- 2x on gas
- 2 free Lounge Club passes each year
- Full review of the Chase Ink Bold
This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.